Monday, November 19, 2007

Wedding Daze

As most people know, I was wondering what will be the second step in my relationship with MB. I got my answer last Saturday. We were invited to attend a mutual friend’s wedding in Manila Cathedral. This will be the first time that we will be going to an event as a couple. And it scared me to death. I don’t know how should we act or how we should talk when people are expecting us to be sweet. As in PDA sweet! I mean, PDA is not a problem with me, but I know how uncomfortable MB will be when I start to hold his hands in public even if it's just in front of our friends. Thus, the dilemma.

We arrived at the church 2 hours late because of waking up late and the Christmas rush. But nevertheless, the wedding, being conducted here in the Philippines, haven’t started yet. The reason: The wedding before our friend’s went overtime for some unknown reasons. For all I care, we were not late. We took our seats and the ceremony started. But not before my tummy started to complain that the last food I ate was almost 24 hours ago. So I started fidgeting and grab my phone to send messages to some of my friends just so I can take my mind off my grumbling stomach. This went on even after the mass started. So being the serious type, MB grabbed my attention and told me off for using my phone during a mass. I got crossed so I shut up. Ever the sensitive partner, MB saw the change in my aura and apologized for telling me off. So I told him that the real problem was my tummy. He smiled. And my hunger faded, momentarily of course.

I always fantasized of proposing to my love one when someone else was getting married. And as the groom will give the ring to his bride, I will then take my love one’s hand and give him the ring that will symbolize my eternal love for him. Unfortunately, I don’t have a ring last Saturday, so the dream will have to wait for yet another wedding. For now, I contented myself with holding MB’s hand and mimicking the vows that the bride and the groom were exchanging. I felt MB’s hand squeezing mine. I squeezed back and used my free hand to doodle the words “I Love You” on his thigh. He smiled. I smiled back. And for a moment, we were in our own world. Loving one another.

We were forced back to reality when my tummy grumbled a little louder than expected. We both smiled and wished that the priest will finish the mass and the ceremony soon. But as much as I wanted for the ceremony to be over so that I can eat, I’m afraid of what’s going to happen at the reception. People would be expecting to see a sweet couple. I can always grab his hands or even lean on his shoulders. It will be ok with me but I don’t know about MB. So, I leaned over to MB and whispered to him my concerns. He smiled at me and squeezed my hands tight. As if to assure me that everything is going to be ok.

All in all the wedding was great. Everything went according to their plan. And I’m very happy for our friend. She married the love of her life. I just hope he did.






“Love is the food of the soul” - Anon

6 comments:

ice_codey said...

ang sweet naman ninyo!!! kakainggit!!!

TL said...

Ice_codey thanks thanks po. Wag maingit. Dadating ka din dun :)

THE GRIPEN said...

Ay naiblog din,shetness taena natunaw naman ako sa inggit sa dalawang itu...Oi pag sakaling pinayagan ang same sex marriage dito sa pinas ako flower girl niyo ha!....hahahaha :)

TL said...

Wahahaha flower gurl huh? Cge cge hahaha

wanderingcommuter said...

awww...thats sweet.

well, marriage is a human right not exclusive to one specific classification.

TL said...

Wanderer thanks po sa comment! I completely agree with what you said :)