Thursday, July 19, 2007

Prologue

People may ask why I named my blog as such. My answer to them will be “Why not?”. Some may ask if that’s our pet name (me and my bebhe). The answer is definitely not! As you can see, I refer to my love one as my bebhe. Not bacon, not eggs. Bebhe. Kapisch?

For the first post on this blog, I would like to regale you of how I met my bebhe. It all started when I quit my job in a contact center and decided to seek out a different line of work. After 2 weeks of exhausting exploration, it seems that the only work with the kind of compensation I was accustomed to will be in the contact center. So I decided to give it a try one last time. But this time, I promised myself that it will be different from anything else I have tried so far.

I went on an got accepted and experienced the “one-day process” literally. And after two weeks of voice and accents training, it was time for the Product Specifics Training. During the first two days of the training, I was already getting bored and disappointed. It seems that I will be working the same kind of thing that I used to do. I think I said to myself back then that I will be quitting after 6 months. But on the third day, everything changed. Our PST trainer arrived from our different site. I wish I can tell you something like it was love at first site or serendipity or something. If you’re looking for that sort of story, then better stop reading. This is different.

When I saw our trainer, my radar detected something in the air. But I was more surprised to discover that this person is not even a bit interested in me. Ok, say what you want to say but I do my own share of admirers and I am not accustomed to just being passed by. For me, I’m a head turner! (well that’s for me) So I immediately went on the offensive to find out why. Day after day, I tried different style, different stroke, different look, even different psy-war. But nothing worked. I was actually giving up when I decided to give it one last try. On the fourth and final week of our training, I decided to stay behind. I will try to flirt a bit. Either this person is into me or my radar was mistaken. The first and second day was a success. I was able to get to talk to my trainer in a much more personal way. I was even able to borrow my trainer’s phone. I found some clues here and there but nothing conclusive. On our last day of training, I ask my trainer to breakfast. I will use my last desperate effort to know the “truth”.

We ate at Jollibee Insular. After eating, I revealed my true color. Yet again, I fail to get the answer I was looking for. I was getting more desperate. “Do you like me?” I ask in desperation. “That’s a good question” my trainer replied. I got my answer. Not the words but the reaction it elicited. My mission was a success.

After a couple of weeks of no longer seeing my trainer, I started to miss the times we were together. I found myself daydreaming about those times that we spend together and how fun it will be to do it again. I even made plans of going to different places we’re we can have our private moments. The feeling grew so much that I decided to do something about it. I asked my trainer out. It was October 28, 2006. Just after Milenyo.

From then on, the rest is history. For the second time in my life, I feel alive again. I feel complete. I was reborn. The best days of my life are now here.

There are a lot of things to be said but are better left unsaid. There are so many things to be done but not to be done. And as much as I would like to explain my actions, I would rather not. Things are going for the better. Let’s leave it at that. - Anon

3 comments:

MINK said...

the foundation of all things is Love.
Love conquers all even death.

yun lang wala na ako maisip eh, i admire ur story on how u and ur bebhe met. I know ur happy and im happy for u also. !

Charmed One said...

im happy that ur happy.

even if it was not love at first sight for you guys, that doesnt mean its a lesser form of love.

TL said...

Thanks guys! I am happy. :)