Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Celebrating a Friend

I was given a once in a lifetime chance of getting to know one of the people that I respect greatly. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t ask the right questions. So what happened instead is that the topics revolve around one thing. Love life.

It no longer comes as a surprise that in this life that we are living, the life span of a relationship is no longer than the life of a matchstick. Yes you may last for 5 years or even 10 years but time will come when you will have to move on. I know. I’ve been there. And armed with this fact, I entered a relationship with MB hoping against hope that I will be able to prove my theory wrong. But of course, that’s only the half of it. The other half of my theory is that in this life, boyfriends, girlfriends, and yes, even partners, will come and go but not your friends; Never your friends. Your true friends anyway. Come what may, they will be there.

With this theory, I was able to gain friends of all types. But of course time will come when you will need to part ways with your friends. But we must remember that it doesn’t mean that your friendship has to end. Because no matter the distance or the circumstance is, a friend will always be there. Always.

Now back to my friend. He told me about he has a plan. I mean who doesn’t? But the plan he has involves the “M” word. At first I was surprised, shocked even, not because I doubt his capabilities or him being a responsible partner but because of fear. Fear because I have come to hope that I will never lose him. But things do change. One phase is over, another one begins.

In the course of our conversation, we managed to talk about many things. Things I didn’t know existed. But what fascinated me the most is the fact that even though I already regard him as very respectable person, he was able to take it to a whole new level. I never thought I will be able to respect anyone like the way I respect him. He’s just amazing.

And even though he can be an ass at times, I will not hinder the choices and the plans he already have. I’m his friend. I will support him.

8 comments:

dean said...

that's what friends are for...

DN said...

Tama. Friends last longer than the the other. Yet, we always go looking for or waiting for that other person. Kung sabagay, hindi naman hinahanap ang mga kaibigan. Kusa silang dumarating. ^^

hugh said...

kilala ko kung sino sya. hahaha!

Dabo said...

kupal!!!! ha ha ha..biro lang..

dumaan pero di nagbasa!

wanderingcommuter said...

i'd rather value friendship than pursuing what i feel and eventually sacrificing it by pursuing it into a relationship.

nice post.

TL said...

@Dean Yup that's what friends are indeed.

@DN Dahil siguro we want something more than friendship.

@Hugh Talaga? Hehehe Ssshhh...

@Davenport Kupal! Haha

@Wanderingcommuter don't worry if you need to sacrifice some friends. It's the test that everyone will have to take ;)

Dabo said...

mabuhay! wait until i have my globe back!

MINK said...

friends are angels...