Wednesday, February 13, 2008

V Day Blues

It’s Valentine’s Day again and people are cramming to find someone to be with. I have no arguments about that. If they think that by having someone, they will be happy, they by all means, let them do as they please. But if they are looking for people to be with just for the sake of not being alone on that specific date, you’re not lonely, you’re loony.

Forgive me for my introduction for I have the tendency to pick fights with every word I utter. And it doesn’t have any connection with today’s post. I mean no connection with the “picking fight” thingy. But of course this is a Valentine’s Day post.

This will be the second V day that I will share with MB. But just the same as last year, we will both be in the office, ignoring each other, as we try to accomplish the day’s work. Last year, I tried to ask MB to dinner around 12midnight. Yes I know it’s already the 15th but what the heck! It’s the effort that counts. But of course, being the process lead, MB can’t come with me. But that’s last year. It’s history. Now is what’s important. And I intend to make MB feel special on that day, although I have no idea how to do it.

V day has it’s own perks. In our company, there will be a cork board posted outside so we can post our “love messages” to our crushes and love ones. I intend to make use of it as soon as no one is looking. You may not know this but we are discreet and the relationship MB and I have are kept under wraps. But of course, even with perks, V day comes with its on problems. Here’s some that I currently face:

First concern of the day, “Zero Balance”. Yup I have not a penny to my name as of today. I’m crossing my fingers that our salary will be released on the 13th so that I will be able to buy something for MB or even to pay for our dinner. But then I realized that even if my salary does come out on that day, it will be spent paying debts. Ah the beauty of misery…

Second concern of the day, “Work”. Yes we will be in the same place on that day but don’t forget that we both have our jobs to take care of. We don’t go to our office just to chat and post blogs. Well not MB anyway. So how can I steal him from his desk when last year I was unsuccessful? Hhmmm…

Of course every problem has its corresponding solution. In this matter, I already know what I need to do. The only question is, “will I do it?” Right now, I have no idea…








"Every day is a special day if you decide it is one" - Anon

2 comments:

wanderingcommuter said...

haay the hush of having somebody to date with in the 14th is something i really don't understand. if you really like or love someone. it shouldn't only be feb 14 that you need to date her/him...naku, mas malaki kaya ang gastos kapag 14th kayo magdadate lahat mahal!
hehehe...

blackdarkheart said...

This a year of love not just a day!! Happy balentimes dei!! I feel so happy for not rushing into love. I'll eventually find it. And I will happy because I've waited